There are people who consider they don’t like flowers. They say it’s too complicated to take care of plants while they take a lot of time and energy. Partially, it’s true. Some kinds of florets are really too demanding. They should be planted in a definite soil at a definite time unless they won’t survive. Not everyone is ready to devote all his or her spare time to gardening. Yet, it doesn’t mean that your backyard or lawn should stay lifeless and unattractive.
Succulents are the best choice for those who have neither time nor desire to spend a lot of time catering to the vines. If you think that you know nothing about succulents you are wrong. It’s even likely that you have one of them in your house. For instance, Aloe Vera is a bright example of succulents. This type of plant is characterized by the possibility to store water in leaves, stems or both.
There are several reasons why it’s worth planting succulents in your garden:
- They can survive in any climate. It doesn’t matter where do you live – in snowy mountains or at the sunny seashore. The vine is able to survive in any temperatures;
- They are the ideal means for purifying the air;
- There are many varieties of vines. They come in different colors and sizes;
- It’s possible to grow them both outdoors and indoors;
- They don’t need a lot of care. It’s an ideal variant for those who often have business trips. You shouldn’t be afraid of leaving the floret for a week;
- Some of the florets are well-known for their medical uses. They are the universal means for treating sniffle, a sore throat, colds, dry cough, and even itchy skin.
If you are interested in gardening the succulents, the following information may be useful. The first step you should take is to choose the types of florets. Nowadays the most popular variants are kalanchoe, tree aeonium, donkey’s tail, firesticks, blue chalk sticks, cobweb houseleek, and spider aloe.
Although succulents are considered to be one of the easiest to care about flowers, there are some requirements for the place of planting the florets. It’s better to choose light spots. It’s better to choose well-drained soil with organic matter. The coarse sand or grit is also good variants. Succulents need watering at least once a week. When choosing the place of planting, it’s up to you to decide where you want to see the flowers. They can be grown in pots, flower beds, on the garden path, and in your backyard. It’s also recommended to use small rocks or a layer of pebbles as mulch. It’s a good way to get rid of weeds and extra moisture.
While weather conditions can hardly hurt the plant, the insect pests may be rather harmful. It’s important to check the leaves and to combat the insects if they appear. To conclude, it should be highlighted that succulents are one of the trendiest plants today. They are able to make your landscape design more interesting and attractive.